Q: Blue light flashing under dash.

I just bought my car from the Toyota dealer today. While at the dealer, the car was perfectly fine. It was not until the car was put into my garage that we noticed there is a blue light that flashes under the steering wheel to the left. It is near the parking brake. It is rather annoying, we didn't see the blue light flashing while we were there. I looked through the manual and it does not talk about a blue light. My family has been a truck family so we are unsure about this blue light and we are wondering if it is just what little cars have? Will the light drain the battery? Is it removable or can we turn it off?

This blue light may be related to the factory security system or an aftermarket security system. If your vehicle does not have the factory key fob, the light is likely part of the aftermarket security system. If this light is part of the security system, it is simply indicating that the system is armed. If the light is related to the security system, I would not recommend removing or disabling this light.

3. Blue light flashing under dash.