Q: Truck overheated, now won't start

My truck started overheating. Pulled over and noticed a coolant leak. Added water to radiator. Truck temperature went down back to normal. Drive down road to get it home. About 15 miles, overheated again. Added more water. Stopped at gas station to fill water bottles just in case. Started my truck and it started squealing. Turned off but now it won't start. Please tell me it's anything but the head gasket

From what you’ve described, the engine overheated causing engine damage. When you first started to overheat, you should have stopped the engine and had the vehicle towed at that point. You may of cracked the cylinder heads if you ran it hot for long enough since the heads are aluminum. If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose the starting and overheating issue firsthand.