Q: Car stopped in middle of highway - 2016 Fiat 500

Right in the middle of the highway, my car stopped. Error messages started appearing: engine service, transmission, and parking brakes lights. Then a few seconds later it read ‘drive mode unavailable’ and the car quit. This was very dangerous, being in the middle of the highway and my family was very frightened. We were fortunate nothing happened to us. What caused this to happen?

A: Hello. This is a new problem and there seem...

Hello. This is a new problem and there seems to be no information on this issue yet for your vehicle. I suggest having the computer tested to see if codes were set and have them diagnosed. Contact your local dealer to see if there is a known solution for this. Your vehicle is likely under warranty. Have the vehicle towed to the dealer and have the problem looked at. You may need a software update.