Q: Lights flickering when the throttle is pressed and the turn signal is on.

asked by on February 28, 2017

When throttle is pressed, the headlights and interior lights (minus the gauge lights) flicker at the same pace as a turn signal. The vehicle was purchased used in the beginning of January 2017 with 217000 miles on it. The lights don't flicker every time I push the throttle. It seemed to only happen when coming from a dead stop.

The issue seems to be with the multi-function switch for the turn signals. The switch is shorting out inside it on the high beam selector which is effecting all of the lights. I recommend replacing the multi-function switch. If you need further assistance with your lights flickering, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.