Q: Ran out of gas wont start with gas

I was idling in the yard and it ran out of gas i am assuming, though i can't be sure because it always says the low fuel level with the light on , so i got gas in it and now it will start and sputter out, i can hear the fuel pump running, I've bled the air out the lines, the only time it will stay running is if i spray starter fluid in the intake. It still won't stay running could the throttle body have anything to do with it. Also i get a reduced engine power light and i have to get out pop the hood and tighten the plug. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. Please help

It sounds like you may have a fuel pump that is not working properly or maintaining enough fuel pressure to keep the motor running. If the engine was run completely out of fuel, there is a chance this could have burned the fuel pump up or damaged it. The fuel pump requires the fuel in the tank to keep it cool and lubricated and running them completely dry can damage them. Spraying starter fluid into the intake to keep the motor running is also a sign of poor fuel delivery and usually indicates a lack of proper fuel pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your fuel system.