Q: Why does my Car jerks when put from park to drive

asked by on June 22, 2017

When my car is on park and I put it on drive it jerks ...

Loud noises when car is put in gear Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. In most cases when the car lunges or jerks when you shift into gear, it’s due to mechanical gears not properly aligning or components in the driveline system (such as driveshaft, input and output shafts) being loose or worn out. In other cases, it’s a sign that differential oil replacement or transmission fluid service is required. Before you decide to have repairs completed, I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a loud noise when shifting inspection. This will permit them to isolate the source of this problem and recommend a solution.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr