Q: Jeep starts, but turns off

When I start my jeep, it starts clean, but only runs for about two seconds before shutting off. In addition, the electronics on the dash are not working.

A: Hello. This is a fairly common problem whic...

Hello. This is a fairly common problem which can be checked several ways. First, turn the key off, get out of the car, then turn on alarm/security, which should lock the car door. Wait 2 minutes, unlock the security control with the key fob, get in, and try restarting the Jeep. If this doesn’t work, disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 minutes, then reconnect it. This may cause the alarm to come on, so use the key fob to turn the alarm on and off, then try starting it again. If this does not work, try removing and replacing the ECM fuse, activate the key fob on and off again, then try restarting again. If none of this works, try operating the driver’s door manually, and try starting again.

If the problem persists, take your Jeep to a qualified technician to do a full diagnostic test on your stalling issue.