Q: While driving, car power steering stopped working. It got tight. Brakes,gas stopped working. 4 way flashers lights started blinkin

asked by on March 19, 2018

While driving, car power steering stopped working. It got tight. Brakes,gas stopped working. 4 way flashers lights started blinking. Cruise control popped up for whatever reason. Car suddenly stopped couldn't move the gear from drive to park it was stuck. Brakes barely worked. Then it stopped. Turned the ignition off then on and it worked again . This randomly happened while driving. Battery has a lot of corosion and acid not sure if that is the problem.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This is an electrical malfunction and is what is referred to as a "global" malfunction. That means a principal circuit, or circuits, was interrupted obviously on an intermittent basis. Battery terminal corrosion is possibly implicated at least as a contributing factor. What you can do to minimize the chance of a recurrence is request an electrical inspection and the mechanic will address and resolve visible, and testable, faults or deficiencies in the main cabling, the power distribution box, fuse holders, and so forth. In addition, the battery should be load tested, and charging system output should be confirmed to be sure that those components are not implicated. If you request the electrical inspection, the responding certified mechanic will perform those services and further advise you at the completion of his/her work, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.