Q: Brake bleeding problems

I've replaced a few brake lines and both front calipers, got all the old fluid out and put all new brake fluid in, I've bleed the brakes the original pumping the pedal way with my girlfriend pushing the pedal, we've bleed them all 5 times and the master cylinder twice, no more air is coming out and brakes get hard but when you start it back up they are really spongy again and you have to push them almost to the floor for the truck to stop, it also has ABS, do you know what the problem could be? Thanks in advance. Also do you think keeping the truck running with a 2x4 under the brake pedal while bleeding them will help?

You are going to need to have the ABS module put into bleed function using a scanner that can enable this function or have a mechanic that has a scanner (with this function) and a pressure bleeder to pressure bleed the brakes with the ABS bleed function turned on. This may be the only way to get the air out of the ABS control valves. The air in the system is causing the spongy pedal. If you find you are needing help with this, an expert from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to definitively diagnose your brake system, and evaluate what may be causing the sponginess.

3. Brake bleeding problems