Q: What is making my car shut off and smoke coming from my oil cap?

The car started to run hot. So We recently just got new a water pump, new intake gaskets, thermostate and new spark plugs. But it will still run hot. Now even when it's not running hot it will die and smoke from oil cap. Can someone pleasee help me

The inner workings of the engine get very hot during operation especially is the vehicle beings to overheat. The smoke you are seeing come the oil cap may be fumes from the hot oil circulating through the engine. If the radiator cooling fans are not working properly to cool off the hot coolant, the engine may overheat. Consider hring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your overheating and stalling to offer a more personal diagnosis.