Q: Do strut bearings wear out? If they are worn out or bad, will it cause further damage if I continue to use the car?

Do strut bearings wear out? If they are worn out or bad, will it cause further damage if I continue to use the car?

A: Yes strut bearings will wear out. The first...

Yes strut bearings will wear out. The first signs of worn strut bearings is the steering may jerk when turning at low speeds or parking maneuvers. As the bearing gets worse you will start to notice the steering becoming noisy when turning and being to jerk. Around this time the struts will start to make noise going over bumps and steering may start to wander on the highway, pulling to one side or the other. This is where it becomes dangerous to drive and should be replaced now.

If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose your cars steering and suspension systems for an accurate repair.