Q: Is it bad that I put 10w40 in my engine that takes 5w30?

asked by on October 21, 2017

I put 10w40oil in my engine instead of 5w30 and need to know if it will be okay

Change Oil and Filter $92.33 - $165.78 Get a Quote

Your vehicle does not use 5W-30 oil. The recommended oil viscosity for your vehicle, according to Kia documentation, is 10W-40. If you drive the vehicle in exceptionally cold weather, well below 32 degrees, you can use 5W-30 oil but even 10W-40 is still perfectly OK to use if outdoor temperatures are below freezing. If you desire that this maintenance be performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine oil/filter change and the responding mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr