Q: Auto shutdown relay clicks and won't stop until negative cable is off

Every time I try to turn on my car it won't crank and the ASD relay fuse just keeps clicking. I got a new battery already cause I thought it was just a dead battery but no keeps clicking

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may suggest a short of some kind causing the power to continue to be supplied to the relay. The starter relay is a small unit near the starter that directs power to the starter from the battery. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound as you describe and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starting issue to determine the solution to get you back on the road.

3. Auto shutdown relay clicks and won't stop until negative cable is off