Q: AC blowing hot air in 2006 Mitsubishi Galant

My air conditioner is blowing hot air.

The main causes of an air conditioning system not to work would be low refrigerant, a faulty blend door actuator, or a lack of power to the A/C compressor. My first recommendation would be to have your climate control system inspected by a professional for these three faults.

In order to accurately check the amount of refrigerant in a system, a special machine must be used. If the compressor clutch is not engaging at any point, this could be an indication that the air conditioning system is not being powered up by the battery. If the compressor is getting power and the system has a full charge of refridgerant, the next step I would recommend is to have the blend door actuator checked for proper function. You are very likely to get to the bottom of this issue by starting with these three things for diagnosis.