Q: Wind noise from under hood

asked by on February 10, 2016

I can hear a wind noise from under the hood on the passenger's side.

Wind noises that can be heard while driving near the hood area outside the windshield are typically caused by a seal leak in the windshield glue. The glue acts as weather stripping also. The air comes in through the hole as you drive causing the wind noise. Bursting air bubbles trapped in the glue when it is spread before windshield installation are what cause this. The repair requires windshield removal, cleaning the surfaces and installing with fresh sealing glue. This repair is usually done by a glass repair company.