Q: Noise like brake pads over 35 or 40 no noise under 35

Have 2004 Lincoln Navigator with 125000 miles.

First time to happen, going about 40MPH put brakes on and sounds like bad brake pad and advtrac light came on and stays on, panel says check advtrac. Brakes make no noise Ect under 35 or 40 MPH only. Had brake pads changed but not anything else about 4 or 5 mos ago. Could this be bad wheel bearing or what? Only happens when I put brakes on.

After stopping and turning ignition off and vehicle setting for 15 or 20 minutes got in vehicle to take to shop and light off and no noise.

It sounds like you may have a weak ABS wheel sensor and a loose wheel bearing. When you hit the brakes, the sensor losing signal may be causing the ABS to activate. You would need to have the ABS diagnosed to see what sensor is having the problem and to check that wheel bearing and sensor. You may have to replace the bearing and have a sensor replaced in this case. I would have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the noise in person before moving forward with a repair.

3. Noise like brake pads over 35 or 40 no noise under 35