Q: Overheating, leaking, and starting issue

So I am pretty sure there is more than one issue. But yesterday (two days and 200 some miles after I bought this car) The car overheated on the side of the highway. There is one to two leaks somewhere in the AC system. As soon as you start pouring water it starts leaking and LOOKS like there's two, but it MAY just be running down a hose and dripping off, I haven't been able to look. I am not sure about this. Anyways, now the car will not start at all... I tried charging the battery, but haven't taken it to autozone to check the levels. When you attempt to start the car it makes noises as if it's going to start and does with pushing on the gas pedal a LOT, but then immediately overheats because it drains so much water/coolant. I know I need to fix one issue the (A/C leak) before starting on the second one but I don't know where to start or what to look at. My father is a mechanic but is too far away to help me.

I think you meant to say that the engine’s cooling system is leaking, rather than the AC system. Without testing the cooling system, there is no way to tell where the leaks are. The hard starting may not be related to the leaks. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, pinpoint the source of the leak and suggest a fix from there.

3. Overheating, leaking, and starting issue