Q: Should I buy this 1997 BMW 528I

I'm getting my son his first car, he is a very responsible driver. I found a single owner 5 speed BMW 528I manual tranny with all maintenance records, but it has 214,600 miles. Is this car worth getting

A: Hello. BMW makes a fantastic vehicle that, ...

Hello. BMW makes a fantastic vehicle that, as you know is well known for its performance and luxury. With that comes a little more of a price tag in terms of maintenance and upkeep as with any performance or luxury vehicle. With that many miles, it depends on the history or maintenance with the car and how it has been cared for.

I have seen many BMW's last well into the 300k miles+ range when well cared for. It is hard to know without doing a fairly thorough inspection of a car what kind of maintenance issues you may run into. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic perform a pre-purchase inspection on the vehicle before buying it.