Q: Awd warning light on and car won't turn over

When turning the key to start the car all electronics come on fine but car won't turn over or click. If I leave the key forward the all wheel drive light starts flashing. Also the red battery dash light stays on. But can't get the car to start. It is cold weather out?

Hi Travis. Thanks for contacting us tonight. When it’s cold, starting a vehicle can be difficult. In most cases, a battery will have enough power to activate warning lights and accessories, but will not have enough cranking amps to activate the starter. One thing you might want to do is attempt to jumpstart your car to see if the battery is the issue. If it starts, then you’ll need to replace the battery likely. The ABS light is likely not related to the starting issue, so you might want to have a professional mechanic complete a warning light inspection.

3. Awd warning light on and car won't turn over