Q: Can I use alternative Transmission fluid to the quotes recommended fluid if i'm bringing my own parts?

My Jetta 2.5 is overdue for a transmission fluid change,including filter, I have decided to find the parts and fluids to myself to save money. This website recommends Pentosin, which is a supported fluid by VW, From forum research, some people recommend another fully synthetic fluid to use, which saves cost. Would the installing mechanic install my requested fluid if supplied or would they not perform the transmission service without the fluid recommended by the website?

I would recommend buying the correct fluid. The reason is because I want to make sure your car is taken care of and is running as long as possible. You wouldn’t want to put something foreign in your car that it may not accept unless you’re willing to accept risks. Different fluids have different chemicals in it. It may cost more right now, but you won’t have to spend money buying a new transmission or having one rebuilt.

3. Can I use alternative Transmission fluid to the quotes recommended fluid if i'm bringing my own parts?