Q: I hear the fuel pump coming on but sometimes it won't start

If I can hear the fuel pump coming on then that's not the problem right?

Just because you hear the fuel pump run does not mean it is pumping the correct pressure to the injection system. If the pressure is real low or the filter is plugged solid, then the pump may not get enough fuel to the fuel rail. The only way to know is to test the fuel pressure at the fuel rail test port. When you are having the no-start, the engine should be checked for fuel pressure and spark to the spark plugs. On your Jeep, the most common problem is the crankshaft sensor or the fuel pump being bad. If you need help, then contact a mechanic to come and help diagnose the starting problem.

3. I hear the fuel pump coming on but sometimes it won't start