Q: I had new tires put on my car about 1 1/2 years ago and my two rear tires are showing the treads on the inside, is normal for them

I had new tires put on my car about 1 1/2 years ago and my two rear tires are showing the treads on the inside, is normal for them to wear so quickly and what would cause this? I had the allignment done at the same time.

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

To determine whether you have gotten reasonable service life out of the tires requires data on: 1) elapsed mileage; 2) the tire’s treadwear rating; 3) operating conditions (inflation, alignment, speed, and ambient temperature); and 4) the possibility of product defect (warranty claim). To determine what has happened in your circumstances, I would need more information. Misalignment will cause premature wear-out of the tires and if the misalignment is significant the wear out can be very rapid indeed. If you desire an evaluation of the vehicle alignment, and an inspection of components to ensure that worn components are not creating an alignment issue, the recommended service to request is a suspension inspection. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this issue diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr