Q: Check engine light and code p0089

I took my car to mechanic and he replaced my fuel pump and hpfp. So i drove 120 miles and when i accelerate at a high rpm my check engine light comes on and blinks. I put the odb reader on it and it says p0089 (fuel pressure regulator performance). Iv also noticed that my fuel gauge hasnt moved and iv been driving it all day. It stays at full. Im running out of options iv been googling things and asking around but there all dead ends

A: Hello. I would verify to check that the fue...

Hello. I would verify to check that the fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure sensor on your vehicle are in proper working order. Any problems with those can set off the P0089 code.

If those check out, I would move on to verifying that the fuel pump is in good working order. As a faulty or low quality fuel pump may also be possible reasons as to why your fuel pressure is not correct, and your gauge is not reading accurately. If you need assistance with these checks, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose your Check Engine Light codes and replace your fuel pump if necessary.