When I go over a bump or uneven road, I hear a clunk at t...

Q: When I go over a bump or uneven road, I hear a clunk at the rear right side of the car. Its a mazda6

asked by on July 31, 2017

I got a car recently. Its been 2 days, everytime I go over a bump or uneven road I get a clunking sound at the right rear end.

Hi there. It’s common for rear suspension components to wear out over time, which can cause a clunking noise including a loose or damaged strut, rear stabilizer bar or lower control arm that is damaged. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can correctly diagnose the source of this noise and recommend the right repairs.