Q: sluggish, stalling, check engine light came on

My car was running very sluggish and my check engine light came on. I thought it was the transmission ,so I went to check it ... but you can't check it with a dip stick. I was backing out of the driveway, and it stalled. I started it again and it stalled 2 more times. I drove it around the block, but it wouldn't get up to speed It wouldn't speed up when I shifted into 2nd gear. What could be the problem with my Bronco?

A: With the car not being able to upshift and ...

With the car not being able to upshift and the sluggishness issue that you have, there are a few potential causes. The most common would be a shift solenoid, torque converter, MAF sensor or a fuel pressure issue. You will likely need to have the fault verified in person. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your stalling issue and perform any repairs required.