Q: 2001 Isuzu Rodeo Transmission is jumping high but doesn't pick up speed right away. What could be wrong?

When I press on the gas the car reves up but doesn't pick up speed. I can feel the car jerk when it shifts gears. It jumps gears quickly without picking up speed. What can be the issue with the Transmission?

Hi there. Generally speaking, when this type of problem occurs, its caused by one of two transmission issues. Either the torque converter is starting to fail or you have an inner leak or obstruction of transmission fluid, caused either by broken inner seal or dirty transmission fluid that needs to be flushed. Since there are multiple possible issues here, it’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection, before you complete any repairs.

3. 2001 Isuzu Rodeo Transmission is jumping high but doesn't pick up speed right away. What could be wrong?