Q: Clicking noise with steering wheel - 2011 Hyundai Sonata

When I am parked with car on or stopped at a red light, when I turn my wheel quickly left to righr I hear a click noise. It seems to be coming between the steering wheel and steering column. No noise is made when turning or anythint else. Not sure what type of problem I am looking at.

There are three or more steering system recalls that may pertain to this vehicle. One is for the steering knuckle that was not made correct and not tightened correct during assembly and the loss of steering may be possible. The recalls on this steering should be corrected at any dealer to correct the problem you have with the clicking noise. The steering also has recalls for the electrical circuit board that controls the steering. I would recommend calling a local dealer and supply the vehicles identification number to get all the recalls done for this vehicles steering along with over 15 other active recalls for other issues with this vehicle. You will need to verify the open recalls with the dealer before any outside work is done. All the recalls should be at no charge to you.