Q: The temperature on my jeep wrangler started going high all of a sudden and it started making a strange noise 2012 Jeep Wrangler

asked by on February 08, 2017

My jeep wrangler was fine and all of a sudden it started heating up, as i kept going it starting making a noise kinda of like it was forced. And i pulled over and once it cooled off i started driving to get home and after a couple of minutes its back to hot. What can it be plz help

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. It sounds like the engine may have gotten hot enough to cause some damage, especially if it was struggling. I would usually start by doing a block test to make sure that there is not any damage to the engine. If the engine is fine then I would need to diagnose why this occurred. The most common causes of this is either a failing water pump or a thermostat failure. I would double check to see if the coolant is low. If it is then the leak needs to be found. If not then I would check these areas to see why the engine is overheating. If you are going to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the engine is overheating] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-overheating-inspection