Q: If slave master cylinder is bad, will that cause the car not to hold when parked in gear?

Car had new slave cylinder put in and fixed again under warranty recently. When Mom drove 2 weeks ago lost power(not motor). I looked. and drove car and could't find any problem. 1 week later same loss of power. I checked car and wong drive. Just rolls like in neutral when in gear. Transmission shop over phone says clutch. Could a fault slave master cylinder cause car not to hold when parked in gear or not have any power to transmission. Do we have them fix warranteed sleeve. again. Or does it sound like needs clutch.

A: From your explanation of the situation, it ...

From your explanation of the situation, it sounds to me like your vehicle may need a new clutch. If you are in gear and the vehicle struggles to move and the engine speed increases, the transmission is slipping. A failure in the hydraulic part of the system may make it difficult to drive the vehicle or change gears. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come by and take a closer look at your slipping clutch and offer a more personal diagnosis.