Q: My oil pressure sending unit is faulty. What is the cost to replace it?

asked by on November 07, 2016

oil light comes on at rpm less than 1,000...engine has plenty of oil.

The cost of replacing your oil pressure sensor will depend on what year and model your Ford is and sometimes the engine type as well. But you should know that oil pressure can be low even with plenty of oil present. For example, this can occur if the oil pump is faulty. Consequently, the actual gauge pressure should be measured at idle prior to replacing the sensor just in case there is nothing wrong with it. In the event that it is not the sensor, you can focus your efforts on the pump. During an appointment with a mobile technician, such as one from YourMechanic, a professional can diagnosis your pressure issue and then offer you a price estimate for whatever repair is appropriate.