Q: Cambelt or Chain driven?

Hi there, i am currently looking for a new car and have come across the Toyota Estima range,however i cannot find anywhere if the 1993 version of the Toyota Estima Lucina is cambelt or chain driven. Could you please help :)

Hi there. Look at the engine and see if there is a plastic cover on the front or an aluminum cover on the front. If there is a plastic cover then the engine is driven by a timing belt. If there is an aluminum cover, then the engine is driven by a timing chain. Timing belts do not use oil on them but timing chains do use oil on them. If you need further assistance with your timing chain or belt, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Cambelt or Chain driven?