Q: High pitch noise coming from the driverside

Noticed noise after I had gotten a intake cleaning and oil change at my local quick lube a few months ago. The truck had never gotten a serpentine belt so I got a new one thinking that could be the problem. Noise continued so I thought it may be the power steering pump pulley so I got a new one installed. The noise doesn't start until the truck is warmed up and seams not to do it at all when humidity is up. The noise seams to get louderr with rpms. I saw a tip about white lithium grease on pulleys so I shot that on all of the pulleys around it to see if it would shut it up, I had done it before with wd-40 and it seamed to help before the pulley got changed now the lube doesn't seam to phase it. (The fluid in the power steering pump is full)

Hi there:

In some cases, the wrong or incorrect tightness or alignment of the serpentine belt can cause this type of noise. Since you stated this noise began after this part was replaced, leads me to think that it’s either too tight or too loose. You might want to consult with a mobile mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to have them complete a noise inspection at your own location so they can check the serpentine belt tightness or other areas that could be causing this noise.