Q: Truck idles, but then dies

I am still having problems starting my truck after replacing multiple parts. It will turn over and idle for two minutes or so, but then it cuts off. The timing is off, but when I move the distributor it will idle, but as soon as I give it gas, it completely cuts off.

Hello. If it starts and runs fine when you adjust the timing and then turns off right after you accelerate then the timing may be changing right then. It may be a distributor problem, or more commonly, a failing timing chain. If the chain is worn then this will happen. I would first see if the distributor shaft is worn out and causing this. If you need to have the vehicle diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your truck’s stalling issue.