Q: Alternator problems. Lights and horn don't work.

My car's alternator is not receiving power from the battery. When I turn the ignition, nothing happens, including no headlights or interior lights, the horn also doesn't work. The alternator is new and the battery was recently charged.

A: Your car is showing all the classic signs o...

Your car is showing all the classic signs of a bad battery. I would recommend having a mechanic inspect the battery. They will start with the battery and have it load tested. When batteries get old they may not take a charge. If the battery is good the mechanic will need to check the battery terminals, making sure they are clean and there is no corrosion on them. After that the mechanic will need to check the main fuse.