Q: Timing chain or belt? 2007 Cadillac SRX 3.6:

Does the Cadillac SRX have a distribution chain or belt and what should be the maintenance?

Hi there - your SRX engine has a timing chain - actually multiple timing chains, which are oil lubricated. With proper oil change maintenance, all of the timing components should be good for 100K miles or better. There is a known problem with timing chain stretch for this engine, and a technical service bulletin to reprogram the engine computer to ignore the timing changes due to this stretch. I would recommend changing the timing change components at 100K regardless - VERY expensive repairs if it breaks.