Q: My car won't start it's just ticking. Tried to jump it and still wouldn't start. What else can it be?

It won't turn over it just keeps ticking. When I tried to jump it off it does the same thing.

Hello There, This is likely a problem with something on your starter called a starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

3. My car won't start it's just ticking. Tried to jump it and still wouldn't start. What else can it be?