Q: My car won't start it's just ticking. Tried to jump it and still wouldn't start. What else can it be?

It won't turn over it just keeps ticking. When I tried to jump it off it does the same thing.

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1142.70 Get a Quote

Hello There, This is likely a problem with something on your starter called a starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.