Q: My car won't let me drive passed 2500 rpm. And I have no idea why it is doing that when I recently bought it.

I recently bought a G37 s. It was good for a while until it started acting up. It wouldn't let me go passed 2500 rmps. It would just stop giving gas once i got to 2500. I took it to a mechanic who replaced the timing control solenoid but once I got in to drive it, it was still doing the same thing. I don't know what it could be.

A: The reason it will not go over 2500 rpm is ...

The reason it will not go over 2500 rpm is because the computer is in limp mode. This mode is for when the computer has a failure in it. Limp mode will trigger if there is an issue with one of the vehicle's systems that the manufacturer suspects would cause major problems. The limp home mode is designed to allow you to drive the vehicle but at reduced operation until you get to safety and so that you have an opportunity to get the problem fixed. The problem is only determined by thoroughly testing the computer systems. Have a mechanic scan the computer again and note any codes. These codes can then be properly diagnosed using a pinpoint test to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. I'd recommend getting some help from one of our mobile experts who can come diagnose your loss of power and help you fix it accordingly.