Q: Hi Jeffrey! A hose popped in my G37 and I saw blue coolant splash on everything under the hood.

asked by on April 06, 2017

A hose popped and blue coolant splashed on things under my hood. All my lights came on and I had to get the car towed!

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Radiator Hose Replacement $158.69 - $702.14 Get a Quote

Hi There, It sounds like you may have had a radiator hose burst resulting in the coolant leaking as you describe. This can happen when these hoses get old or develop cracks in them which causes them to become brittle and eventually burst. This happens as a result of the dramatic temperature changes every time the engine warms up and cools down. As you know, it is important not to drive the car if these hoses burst as this causes a severe loss of coolant which can damage the engine when this goes unattended to. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to replace your coolant hoses to get you back on the road as soon as possible.