Q: Subaru P01443 code on a 2004 Impreza TS. I replaced the Evap control selonid and am still having trouble fueling. What could it be?

2004 Impreza TS. Been throwing the P01443 code along with P0420. I have aftermarket headers on my car so the P0420 is most likely nothing. However , the other code, P01443 has been giving me some issues . I replaced the part that code indicates, the control valve selonoid. However my car still has a problem starting after I refuel . I have to really give it a decent amount throttle to get to turn over , then I'll have to throw it into first and dump the clutch to keep it running like you would a motorcycle . After about 30 seconds of driving after refueling the car will idle fine and will start up first try . However it is a hassle , I feel like I'm doing damage to my starter and clutch. and having to rev my car to 4 grand at the gas station with a full performance exhaust usually gets me some funny looks and complaints from the owners of the gas stations . Ahah, at this point I'm just looking for some advice before I start throwing parts at it . Clogged vacuum lines? Purge valve? Thx.

Hello. From what you are explaining it does sound like a purge valve or something else in the EVAP system is not closing properly after fueling. When this occur it causes a vacuum leak and can cause excessive amounts of fuel vapors to enter the engine. I would usually do a smoke test to find where this is occurring. If you need to get this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the check engine light is on and this is occurring] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection

3. Subaru P01443 code on a 2004 Impreza TS. I replaced the Evap control selonid and am still having trouble fueling. What could it be?