Q: Fuel in oil possible causes

Hi I have a holden 1998 SB barina and am looking to possible reasons as to why I have fuel in my oil and any advice on if its easily fixed or something that may be expensive and quite difficult to fix and if it would be dangerous to drive it in that condition if left as is?

There is only a couple of ways fuel can get into the oil. One possibility is that the fuel injection pressure regulator has a leaking valve and it leaking fuel into the vacuum line. Another possible cause is that one of the fuel injectors is stuck open and is leaking fuel into the engine.

Have the fuel pressure checked and pull off the vacuum line on the pressure regulator to see if fuel is coming out of the regulator. Replace the regulator and change the oil and filter to get rid of the contaminated oil. You may have to change the oil and filter again after running for about a half hour to get the last of the contaminated oil out of the engine.

If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the source of the leak and help you fix the it accordingly.