Q: At what speed do you need to be hit at for the side airbags in a 2015 mazda 3 to deploy

asked by on February 28, 2017

My daughter came through a stop sign after a stop another car coming out of a driveway with a 10mph limit (suv not known) hit her front passenger side corner panel/door and deployed multiple airbags in car and the insurance company totaled car because of extensive damage (collapsed front wheel,depoyed airbags,body damage)my question is approximately what speed would other vehicle have to be going for that kind of damage?

Hi there. Air bags on modern cars are deployed not necessarily on the speed of impact, but multiple variables including location of the hit along with the g-force of the impact. It could be less than 10 mph or more. It also depends on the size of the vehicle that impacted your daughters car as well.