Q: Q: Water pump

Outside of the water pump what else needs to be replaced while changing it? Obviously the Tundra 2007 SR5 has a timing chain instead of a belt, what do I need?

The 5.7 L engine on the 2007 Toyota Tundra has a timing chain, and the 4.7 L engine has a timing belt.

If you have the model with a 4.7 L engine, you will want to purchase a timing belt kit. A timing belt kit will have everything in it that you will need to replace the water pump and timing belt, with the exception of the serpentine belt and thermostat. Since you have to remove the serpentine belt, this is a good time to replace it, unless it has recently been replaced. Replacing the thermostat is a good idea at this time as well.

If your Tundra has the 5.7 L engine, the same applies for the serpentine belt and thermostat. The water pump on the 5.7 L is driven by the serpentine belt, so you an get away with just changing the water pump in this case.

In some respects, it is easier to change the water pump on the 5.7 L engine than it is on the 4.7 L engine. Anything else that needs to be changed will depend on the condition of the hoses and other components; you will need to make this determination when you are disassembling.

Good luck!

3. Q: Water pump