Q: Car stalls when it is heated up

asked by on June 15, 2016

Hello. My car starts having issues when it warms up. It would stall and occasionally turn off completely. This happens especially at higher speeds and gets worse when the outside temperatures are higher. I took it to the shop many times. They replaced MAF sensors numerous times along with a couple of new fuel pumps. There was an evaporation leak that was fixed as well. I also had the computer chip replaced. When the scanner was hooked up before, it indicated issues with the MAF sensor and fuel pump. Now, there are no codes and the mechanic couldn't diagnose it. The car would run fine until it is heated up. I had the belts, hoses and filters checked. Everything is fine there. What could cause this stalling and so many bad MAF sensors? Thanks.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

These vehicles have a lot of issues with the wiring modules and harness connectors. The pins and connectors are really small and can loose contact really easily. The reason the MAF and fuel pump is going bad is not the sensor or pump more than once, but the wiring to the sensor or at the ECM losing contact to these items in the connector. Have the ECM wire connector and MAF connector tested and checked for loose fitting or corroded pins. A technician from YourMechanic can conduct these tests to diagnose your stalling issue and proceed with the correct repair.