Q: Car won't start, engine ticking

Yesterday I was about to start the car, so I put the key into ignition and upon turning it, there was this ticking sound coming from the engine. The car had no problems whatsoever the previous night I drove it. Everything in the car works, including the lights and panel, which leads me to believe that the battery is good. So, what could be causing this?

A: Hello. It sounds like the battery is weak a...

Hello. It sounds like the battery is weak and does not have enough power to start the car. Even though the lights come on in the dashboard, it does not mean that there are enough volts for the battery to start the car. The car needs 12 volts or above to start the car. If the battery volts drop below that 12 volts, it will be difficult for the battery to start the car. It is also possible that there is a problem with the starter, but it would be a good idea to start with the battery. I would recommend that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the electrical components in order to determine the necessary repairs.