Q: Doors lock and Unlock when vehicle is off and parked!

My vehicles lock and unlock feature has started giving problems. When the engine is switched off and the car is parked, the lock and unlock feature keeps on activating i.e. All four door locks will lock and then unlock every few seconds and the indicator lights will also flicker as the door locks lock and unlock. This only happens when the engine is switched off. There is no problem while the vehicle is being driven but as soon as the vehicle is switched off and parked the problem starts. The vechile remote key has also stopped working i.e. I cannot lock or unlock the doors with the remote key.

Please assist me with this problem.

Kind Regards

M Kader

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having an issue with its body control module. Due to the locks doing this on their own, and the issue with the key-less entry (which works on its own circuitry), the issue is likely the components they have in common. This will include the body control module, fuse systems, or a short somewhere. Testing will need to be done when the system is experiencing the symptoms, and you may need to replicate them at the needed time. Due to the timing in which this happens, you will want to locate where the extra supply of power to the locks are coming from. Find this, and you likely will find your issue. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Doors lock and Unlock when vehicle is off and parked!