Q: I have a 2011 Hyundai sonata and the key is stuck in the acc position and will not turn off. I can start the car but I can't turn

I have a 2011 Hyundai sonata and the key is stuck in the acc position. I can turn it on and start it but I can not get it to turn to the off position to get the key out. The gear shift is in park and the dash also says it is in park. I have took it out of park and put it in drive and back into park and I still can not get the key to go to the off position. Please help

Hello, thank you for writing in. When the key will not turn to the "Off" position, typically that will mean that you have an issue with you neutral safety switch. This safety feature limits your ability to turn the key off without the transmission being in park or neutral. The first thing to try is putting the car into neutral and attempting to turn it off then. Make sure your parking brake is on to keep the vehicle from rolling off. If the neutral safety switch is working correctly, you may want to look into and or replace the ignition cylinder. Only further testing will tell. For more diagnostic help and to resolve the problem, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have a 2011 Hyundai sonata and the key is stuck in the acc position and will not turn off. I can start the car but I can't turn