Q: How do you use the mechanical key?

How do you use the mechanical key?

If your car has an Intelligent Key system, it also has a mechanical key tucked away inside the body of the remote. This is a vital tool and should be used if the battery dies in your Intelligent Key, as well as for other purposes. Here’s what to do with the mechanical key:

1. Use it to lock or unlock the doors if the Intelligent Key’s battery is dead.

2. Use it to lock or unlock the glove box.

3. Use it to lock or unlock the trunk.

4. Use it to lock or unlock the seat backs for the back seat (access to the trunk from the

interior of your car).

To pull the mechanical key out of the Intelligent Key body, just slide the lock switch. Pull the mechanical key out. Replace it when you’re done. Don’t forget to lock the switch back.

3. How do you use the mechanical key?