Q: I can't jumpstart my car

My car won't take a charge when I try to jumpstart it. I believe I might have blown a fuse.

A: Hi, there could be multiple things involved...

Hi, there could be multiple things involved with this issue. An engine requires three things in order to run by itself; fuel, spark, and compression of air. It sounds like the engine is able to run for a few seconds, so the spark and compression appear to be working. So what’s left is fuel. Over time the vehicles fuel filter can get clogged and this will severely restrict the flow of fuel to the engine. It can pump enough to get the car started, but once running the pump may not be able to supply enough fuel to keep it going. You should have a technician inspect your vehicles battery and filter in order to pinpoint and fix this issue.