What's the common reason nissan maxima wont acceleration ...

Q: What's the common reason nissan maxima wont acceleration

asked by on July 13, 2017

Whats the main reason 2006 maxima wont accelerate

There are a lot of possibilities, depending on whether it won’t accelerate because the engine doesn’t have the power, or if it doesn’t accelerate because there is a problem in the drivetrain, or if it simply isn’t trying to accelerate. I’ll take a guess that it is the latter. Your car and most others made in the last ten years has an electrically operated throttle position motor that responds from the signal from the accelerator pedal. Gone are the days of throttle cables connecting the pedal to the throttle, now it’s all done by computer. If there is a malfunction in the throttle body or if the computer sees a malfunction elsewhere in the system, the throttle will not function. Usually these conditions will be accompanied by a check engine light. I don’t recommend you run out and buy a throttle body just yet. You should have the car properly diagnosed to keep from spending a lot of money unnecessarily. Contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your stubborn Maxima and let you know what it will take to solve your problem.