Q: Possible blown head gasket issue - 2008 Ford F-150

The truck is over heating way too much. I have replaced the thermostat 2 times and replaced water pump once. Drained entire system and refilled. Now possible blown head gasket. Can i buy the part and fix myself if i have good help?

A: Hi! Ask yourself some questions to justify ...

Hi! Ask yourself some questions to justify a leaking head gasket. Check to see if you are losing coolant, if there is any external coolant, or if there is any coolant smell. Inspect around the intake and heads to make sure the might be a leak. If you aren't loosing any coolant, then it's not a head gasket. Other possibilities are clogged radiator, clogged water jacket - poor coolant circulation. Just want to be sure before you tackle a job of this caliber. If you are looking to have this done for you, YourMechanic can send a certified technician inspect the overheating issue and follow through with any needed repairs.